- As 2012 gets rolling, here are a couple of things for advisors to keep in mind:
- Howard Penniman Scholarships for Graduate Study are awarded annually to up to 5 members entering graduate school in political science in the upcoming academic year. Nominations must come from the chapter advisors, accompanied by an official application and supporting documents as specified in the program announcement. Nominations are due by May 1, and the winners are announced by June 15. Each scholarship is $2,000. For more information see: Howard Penniman Scholarships for Graduate Study.
- Pi Sigma Alpha awards four Washington Internship Scholarships annually to members participating in political science internship programs in Washington, DC, for either the summer term or fall semester. Each scholarship is $2,000. At least one of the scholarships is reserved for a member participating in a program of The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC). Nominations are due May 1. The recipients are announced by June 1. For more information see: Washington Internship Scholarships.
- Each year, Pi Sigma Alpha bestows awards for Best Undergraduate Class Papers and Best Undergraduate Honors Theses, for which each chapter advisor may nominate one per year in each category. Only Pi Sigma Alpha members are eligible to participate. Nominations are due on June 15; winners are announced by July 15. The cash awards are $250 for each first-place winner and $100 each for runners-up. Please see the new 2011 guidelines!
- Don’t forget to visit the Pi Sigma Alpha Undergraduate Journal of Politics! We invite you to view the latest issue of the Journal: Spring 2011 – Volume XI, Number I